What is The Silo?
The Silo Food Pantry is a non-profit ministry administrated by Dayspring Christian Fellowship. It is operated by church members and community volunteers.
Why The Silo?
The Silo can be thought of as a community hub and a gathering place for sharing with those in need. It is a member agency with San Antonio Food Bank and an umbrella ministry for several benevolence efforts in the New Braunfels community.
The Silo Hours of Operation
Monday 10am to 1pm (REGISTRATION DAY)
Tuesday 4pm to 7pm
To recieve food from The Silo you must first come on a Monday to register. Food is distributed ONCE per household per week.
How Does The Silo Get Food?
The Silo relies on financial contributions to purchase food from the San Antonio Food Bank and food donations from families in the community.
What Else Does The Silo Offer?
The Silo currently offers prayer support and hopes to eventually offer resume building, emergency financial assistance and nutrition education including diabetes and healthy meal recipes and planning.
How Can you Help?
- Help spread the word to family, friends, co-workers, neighbors and colleagues.
- You can help by volunteering at The Silo on a weekly, monthly or quarterly basis.
- You can donate money so we can purchase food.
- You can donate canned food items.
- You can have others fill donation bags with canned & non perishable food items.
For more info, email the church office